Delft, The Netherlands
Our client is a fabless semiconductor Start-up/Scale-up. The company commercializes an innovative technology for ultra-low-power radio products. Our client is addressing the need for radio solutions with long battery life, driven by the portable IoT, wearable, and mobile applications in volume production. Her proprietary technology suits well for Bluetooth, ZigBee, Thread, GNSS, and other IoT standards demanding an ultra-low-power consumption.
The VP Business Development is responsible for the business development strategy and the plan. He/she will establish the initial targets, supervise the execution of the plan as well as participating in the business development process itself with a focus on the light house customers. He/she is also responsible for the definition of the marketing strategy, the selection of a suitable marketing agency and supervising the execution and monitoring the results. Overall the VP Business Development has direct responsibility for the revenue development and is part of the Management Team.
The most important tasks and responsibilities include:
- Definition, internal discussion and acceptance of the company’s business development strategy by the MT and the sales organization;
- To define and execute the business development plan and reaching the goals for the company;
- Tracking of the progress of the organization in meeting targets;
- Coordination with finance on the billing and bookings flow, agreement finance/sales on the flow and the responsibilities within the organization to ensure proper maintenance of that flow;
- Driving the team in developing and establishing strategic sales opportunities;
- Longer term strategic/lighthouse customer communication and (up)selling opportunities;
- Coordination with VP Operations to ensure that sales opportunities are synergetic with the roadmap of the company
- MScEE and/or MBA
- Completed (certified) strategic sales education program considered a plus
- Six years experience in the wireless semiconductor industry in a sales management role with a proven sales track record and revenue responsibility;
- Experienced with responsibility for strategy, planning, target setting and revenue;
- Startup experience a plus/hands-on self-starter;
- Able to evaluate effectiveness of company’s marketing program and adjust accordingly;
- Knowledge of: Semiconductor Sales and Procurement processes, Wearables-, IoT- & Cell Phone markets;
- Familiar with at least one mainstream CRM system & MS Office tools
- Open mindset: able to listen and consider other opinions;
- Responsive and able to help others formulate ideas;
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Team worker but able to take decisions when necessary;
- Able to voice own opinion and discuss to achieve consensus
- Take initiative; able to manage stress; convincing and driving, able to get people to deliver.
- Management skills: able to manage teams up to 8 people; able to function within the MT with shared responsibility of company goals and manage the team effort across department boundaries when necessary.
- Efficiency: multi-tasking/easy context switching; prioritization of tasks; organized and paying attention to detail; ability to quickly pick-up new activities and drive them properly towards their completion.
- Excellent (written and spoken) command of the English language;
For more information please contact Mr. Anton van Rossum, Recruitment Consultant,
M: +31 6 53 306 309, e-mail: email@example.com.